Welcome to the UNTD Association of Canada
Site was last updated on December 9, 2017
Questions or comments ? Contact: Bill Clearihue
The University Naval Training Division Association of Canada is an unincorporated, not-for-profit, network of persons who participated in that officer training program from 1943 to 1968, and those who participated in successor programs such as ROUTP, NROC, UNTD version 2, and RESO.
Our mission is to identify, preserve, and promote, the history and values of the UNTD program, and its successors, with their emphasis on leadership, honesty, commitment, service, and personal discipline.
- Promote and support reserve and regular naval officer training programs to provide a visible presence and leadership training on university campuses and a continuing link with their local Naval Reserve Division;
- Seek to identify and support current naval reserve officer cadets;
- Facilitate camaraderie and communication between our members;
- Maintain an archive of information relating to the UNTD Program, its successor programs, their members, and their accomplishments;
- Publish a newsletter periodically; and occasionally, other articles, books, and press releases;
- Maintain a web site containing news, information, photos, archives, and links to members and other web sites of interest to our members;
- Promote regional and national gatherings of our members.
- Maintain a Board of Directors of not less than 6 nor more than 16 persons, with at least one member from each of the Atlantic, Central, and Western Regions of Canada;
- Hold a General Meeting of our membership at least once every 24 months, to affirm the appointment of Directors and their actions;
- Collect such voluntary fees and donations as will enable us to maintain its archives, newsletter, web site, and provide publicity and seed money for national gatherings.